THE PEOPLE'S DAILY
FIGHTING FUND
YOU'VE RAISED:
£8050
WE NEED:
£9950
10 Days Remaining

Jul
2015
Monday 20th
posted by James Tweedie in World

UKRAINIAN anti-fascist forces began pulling back lighter military vehicles from front lines yesterday, as Kiev forces repeatedly breached a ceasefire.

Forces in the eastern Donetsk and Lughansk regions — collectively called the Donbass — said they were moving tanks and other armoured vehicles with weapons of less than four-inch calibre back two miles from the front line with Kiev coup regime forces.

Donetsk Prime Minister Alexander Zakharchenko said on Saturday that his forces were ready to withdraw along the line except in “problem areas.”

The withdrawal is in line with a February ceasefire negotiated in Belarus’s capital Minsk, brokered by Russia, Germany and France.

But Donbass forces accused Kiev of almost 50 ceasefire violations on Saturday alone, including artillery barrages on Donetsk city which killed one man and hit a hospital, wounding a doctor and several patients.

Ukrainian military spokesman Colonel Andriy Lysenko claimed in return that three civilians were killed in shelling of the town of Avdiivka.

While Donbass forces de-escalated the conflict, the US delivered more arms to the Kiev regime on Saturday.

US ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyat wrote on social networking website Twitter that his government had delivered 100 Humvee all-terrain vehicles at the port city of Odessa, where fascists massacred 42 people the Trade Unions House in May last year.

The US has promised Kiev $75 million (£48 million) in military equipment and 230 military vehicles.




Advertisement