THE PEOPLE'S DAILY
FIGHTING FUND
YOU'VE RAISED:
£10232
WE NEED:
£7768
6 Days Remaining

Aug
2017
Thursday 24th
posted by Morning Star in World

AT LEAST 71 people were killed yesterday morning in a series of air strikes by Saudi-led forces in Yemen, news agency Saba reported.

A 3am attack on a hotel, Bayt al-Edhari in Arhab district, killed at least 50 people, who local doctors said were all farmers of the stimulant qat.

Physician Ali al-Rakmi, who was helping with rescue efforts, said that there had been more than 100 people inside at the time of the attack.

Fahd Marhab, head of the Umrah hospital six miles away, said there were no wounded and that all the people in the hotel were killed in the 3am air strike.

Local officials claimed that the dead included Houthi rebels, whom the Saudis have been battling since early 2015.

Another air strike hit Sanhan, just south-east of the capital, killing at least six civilians and wounding 15 others.

Other air raids hit the Khashm al-Bokra area of Bani Hushaesh district, damaging houses and farms.




Advertisement