Families of the 26 people shot dead on Bloody Sunday in 1972 slammed the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) today over its failure to investigate the killings.
The police force admitted that two-and-a-half years after the Saville inquiry found the victims were innocent not a single soldier has been arrested or questioned in connection with the deaths.
In 2010 the inquiry, which took 12 years and cost almost £200 million, concluded that the 26 had been "shot without justification" by members of the Parachute Regiment.
Lord Saville apologised to the victims' families and promised a police investigation.
The families' legal spokesman Peter Madden said it was "staggering" that so long after the inquiry and Prime Minister David Cameron's apology "the PSNI has failed to take any reasonable steps towards the prosecutions of those responsible.
"We will be considering all legal remedies available to the families in order to compel the PSNI to complete their enquiries without any further delay," he said.
"Their abject failure to do so is completely unacceptable and has undermined the rule of law."
Law firm Madden & Finucane filed submissions to the Public Prosecution Service in Belfast seeking prosecutions at the beginning of this year.
The submissions were passed to the police with instructions to commence a probe, which chief constable Matt Baggot promised back in July. But so far no-one has even been interviewed.
Mickey McKinney, whose brother William was among those killed, said: "We are very angry that this has not moved any quicker."