Striking Yorkshire supermarket drivers claimed victory today after accepting a new offer which ends their all-out indefinite strike action.
The 180 drivers based at Tesco's Doncaster depot walked out last Thursday after a series of one-day stoppages against Tesco and Eddie Stobart bosses.
Tesco told the drivers in July that their jobs were being transferred to Stobart, which had been handed the depot's delivery contract.
The jobs were transferred in August but in September Stobart gave the drivers 90 days' notice of dismissal.
In response the drivers launched a well-organised campaign of action against Tesco and Stobart, including strikes, pickets of Tesco stores and demonstrations.
They picketed a Tesco store in Westminster to raise the profile of their action.
Unite negotiators met Stobart chiefs this week and the drivers voted overwhelmingly today to accept a new deal after a week of strike action.
It means the drivers' employment with Stobart ends in January.
The union's national officer Adrian Jones said: "The drivers voted to accept the improved package to end this four-month dispute.
"This is a victory for the drivers who have displayed unity, strength and resolution throughout this difficult time against a hard-line employer.
"It also sends out a clear message to other transport and retail companies that may be thinking of treating their employees less than fairly that Unite will neither flinch nor back away from a dispute until there has been an acceptable and equitable settlement that our members fully support."