An anti-cuts campaigner has won the right to appeal a High Court judgment which refused to stop North Somerset Council's cuts in youth service provision.
Aaron Hunt was granted permission at the Court of Appeal on Tuesday to appeal the previous ruling. A full appeal hearing will take place later this year.
The legal challenge centres on North Somerset Council's decision to pass a budget that will see funding for youth services slashed by over 70 per cent, leading to the closure of six youth groups in the area while others face an uncertain future.
Mr Hunt is challenging the council's failure to consult widely enough with local users and its alleged failure to give due consideration to the needs of vulnerable people.
The Court of Appeal will have the power to order the council to restore the previously council-funded youth clubs while it reconsiders the relevant decisions and carries out additional consultation.
Public Interest Lawyers, representing Mr Hunt, said it was pleased the Court of Appeal had "recognised the importance of the issues in this case, particularly as it is clear that the council's private funding model is not working."
Mr Hunt's mother Alison said: "The council cut too deeply, too quickly and without consulting the people that matter the most - the young people that rely on these youth clubs."
Fire Minister Brandon Lewis probably had a fair idea what Sir Ken Knight would deliver when he asked him to conduct an "independent" report into fire and rescue services in England.
As LGBT activists worldwide celebrate anti-homophobia day we are reminded of prevailing prejudice
Bradford has seen the launch of a new campaign to battle the sources of child sex exploitation - and combat far-right bids to make it a racial issue