FOOTBALL: Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba has been discharged from hospital where he had spent a month since his collapse at White Hart Lane.
Muamba's club confirmed on Monday that he had left the London Chest Hospital.
He had been recovering in the east London hospital since suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch during Bolton's FA Cup tie at Tottenham on March 17.
A spokesman for Barts Health NHS Trust said in a statement posted on Bolton's website: "Barts Health can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has now been discharged following several weeks of treatment.
"All our staff wish him the very best in his ongoing recovery."
Muamba paid tribute to the staff who had cared for him. "I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital and would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff at The London Chest Hospital who have played a part in my care," he said.
"Their dedication, professionalism and expertise is simply amazing and I will forever be in their debt. I also wish to say thank you to all the many well-wishers who have sent thousands of messages of support.
"Now I am out of hospital, I am looking forward to continuing my recovery and spending precious time with my family."
Bolton manager Owen Coyle said: "It is absolutely fantastic news that Fabrice has been discharged from hospital and everyone at the club is delighted.
"We would also like to add our thanks to the staff at The London Chest Hospital for their care and treatment of Fabrice, which has been outstanding.
"It is important that Fabrice and his family are now given time and space to be together, and we would ask the media to continue to respect their privacy."
Meanwhile, Trevor Francis was discharged from hospital on Monday after suffering a suspected heart attack on Friday.
Birmingham Heartlands Hospital confirmed that the former England striker has been released, with the 57-year-old having recovered well from successful surgery.